Thursday, May 15, 2014

Fixing Crushed Makeup

 I've been meaning to do this post for the past few months, but FINALLY got around to doing it! I received this beautiful Makeup Academy Undress Your Skin shimmer highlighter in a beauty swap from the UK with Becki from Beekle. Unfortunately, this gorgeous highlighter came crushed from the voyage from UK to USA. But I thought, "No fear! I can fix this up in a jiffy!" 
 What You Need:
- Rubbing Alcohol (70% or higher)
- Something to crush up the powder
- Paper towels/newspaper to cover working area

Step 1: After covering your work area with either paper towels or newspaper, crush up the cracked powder into small little pieces.
Step 2: After crushing it into fine pieces, pour the rubbing alcohol until the powder is saturated in it. Make sure there is enough to mix around into a paste.
Step 3: Let it set until it is completely dry. It may take one or two days, depending on the percentage of alcohol present.
The end result may not look as pretty as the original, but you don't have to waste your product any more when it cracks or breaks! It works perfectly well and does not affect its performance.
 photo withlove_zpsa29dab2d.jpg

5 comments:

  1. Oh I am going to try this one! I actually just broke my favourite bronzer and was so distraught about it.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Well hopefully this will help it out!

      Delete
  2. This is super handy, Des! I have a couple broken products at the moment- may have to give this a go! Have a great weekend :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!!! Great post. Nothing worse than when this happens!! If you get a second check out my blog- http://asouthernshell.blogspot.com/ :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments! So please feel free to leave me one. Thanks for stopping by my blog <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...