Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Waterproof Concealer

The Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Waterproof Concealer is marketed as a waterproof, full coverage concealer that combines vitamins A and D and the Amazonian clay to nourish skin while masking discolorations and imperfections. It retails for $22 for 0.07 ounces. You can find it at Sephora, Ulta, and Tarte Cosmetics's website.
This concealer comes in stick form and claims to hide dark circles, blemishes, and redness. 
I got it in the shade Fair, which is a little bit lighter than my skin color, but blends in easily. I bought it with the intention of concealing blemishes, but recently started using it for dark circles.
Below, I have a picture of using it on dark circles. My dark circles aren't that major, but they are covered by a foundation. The concealer was just used to cover them completely. 
 Looking directly at the picture, I applied it to the left eye. The right eye is just covered by a foundation.  It brightens up my under eye area and looks flawless and smooth. The only downside is that it does settle into fine lines after a few hours, even though I set it with powder. 
In regards to blemishes/redness, I think it did an average job. Above, is my blemish with just foundation on. Below, the redness is slightly covered, but you can still see that I have a pimple. Obviously, it is a raised pimple so it is more challenging to hide, but this is just for an idea. 

A downfall to this concealer is that as the hours go by and my skin becomes oily, the areas that I applied the concealer, except the eye area, I can feel that I have a concealer on. It feels a bit heavy and tacky and can easily be wiped away. It may be "waterproof" but it isn't "oily face" proof. I can't put this concealer on my nose because it will just slip right off. However, no makeup ever stays on my nose as it always just disappears!

Overall, I find this a decent concealer. I'm honestly not too thrilled about it. I bought it with the intention of concealing blemishes, but it just didn't work out like that. I find that it works best as an under eye concealer, as long as your under eyes are moisturized. However, I'm just trying to use it up because after all, it isn't very cheap, so I would like to finish it. I will not be repurchasing this. But please note, although this may not have worked out amazingly for me, doesn't mean it won't work out for you.
 photo withlove_zpsa29dab2d.jpg

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for such a helpful, balanced review! Always like to hear the pros and cons :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! People need to hear the good, the bad, and the ugly ;)

      Delete
  2. Great honest review Des. I can def see a difference on the concealed undereye vs the bare one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does cover beautifully, just wish it didn't crease!

      Delete
  3. I honestly can never fully conceal bad breakouts. The best I have tried is the IT concealer which has a super thick and buildable texture! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its always tough to conceal them. I will check that concealer out to see how it works for me!

      Delete

I enjoy reading your comments! So please feel free to leave me one. Thanks for stopping by my blog <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...