Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation

I am so excited to do this review! I have been wanting to try this foundation for ever! I've seen so many UK beauty bloggers rave about it. Finally, Becki gave me the opportunity to try it out when we did our USA/UK beauty swap.

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation claims to be a 16-hr radiance booster foundation that also evens and revives the complexion. It is marketed as a gel foundation that is made "from a vitamin-rich fruit therapy formula for an even complexion and an instant anti-fatigue result."
There are two things I most admire about this foundation, 1) There is a pump!, 2) in which I found it a pleasant surprise, is the fresh scent it has. In the mornings, I love applying it because the scent wakes me up and makes me feel even more clean. The foundation is formulated with litchi, goji berries, and pomegranates, hence why it smells amazing!

As far as the gel like consistency, I do not agree with that. Although the foundation is light, it feels more liquid then a gel consistency. The foundation glides onto the skin and blends like a dream.
I have the shade 51 Vanille clair, which is the lightest shade. I'm very impressed with the coverage. Although it is a light coverage, it covers all my redness and some blemishes. Definitely makes me appear more awake. It is a natural/dewy finish, which I think I will enjoy during the spring/summer months. The radiance does show up more throughout the day, which is a plus for many people.

Lasting power isn't that great on me as I am combo/oily. I begin to see shine around hour 3, and the foundations starts to break down at hour 5-6. Which isn't too bad, considering it is a natural/dewy finish. I try not to let that bother me because I love the way this foundation looks and feels on me.

Although I am more apt to using natural/matte finishes, this is definitely a nice foundation to have in your collection if you can get your hands on it!
 photo withlove_zpsa29dab2d.jpg

10 comments:

  1. Great review! I had the same experience as you, since my skin is oily as well. But the texture and scent really are lovely :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Fellow oily skinned beauty! I let all the longevity of the foundation slide because I just love the scent and formula so much.

      Delete
  2. yeah, I just got this and wasn't blown away by the lasting power :/... still, the coverage and finish is beautiful! I've wanted this foundation for aaagggeess, so I went to ASOS and ordered a few things from the brand.. It's pretty expensive for drugstore products, but totally worth it (and I think they have free shipping)!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty pricey, which stinks because I would definitely repurchase it possibly. But I don't want to spend too much, but you never know!

      Delete
  3. I have heard great things about this. Thanks for sharing your thoughts about the staying power!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I believe that true opinions about hyped products help everyone out xoxo

      Delete
  4. You have lovely blog you have here and great post, would you like to follow each other? if you decided to follow me on BLOGLOVIN please let me know so I can follow you back. xoxo

    www.love-joice.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! What did you think of the actual shade? I'm tempted to buy this after hearing lots of good things but I'm super pale and when I had a look it seemed a bit dark, does it blend out well? xx

    jessicafay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even for me (NC15/20) it was a little bit dark. It can be easily blended in though, but I bring it down into my neck as well, as my neck is quite ghostly lol. I've seen paler people in the blogosphere wear it, and they seem fine. Just make sure to blend it in. The shade is more yellow toned though, not so much pinky.

      Delete

I enjoy reading your comments! So please feel free to leave me one. Thanks for stopping by my blog <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...