Thursday, February 27, 2014

African Black Soap | Coastal Scents

 After purchasing some items from Coastal Scents recently, I received this Coastal Scents African Black Soap as a sample. I've never heard of black soap before, so I was intrigued to find out more about it. The sample size sells for $0.79, and the full size which is 16 ounces sells for $12.95. The website says that the sample size is good enough for 3-5 uses, although I have been using it for two weeks and still have majority of the bar left.

On the website it says:
"For centuries Ghanaians have used African Black Soap, as it has been known to help to relieve acne, oily skin, clear blemishes, and various other skin issues. It is also known to help soothe skin irritations and conditions such as eczema, rosacea, and psoriasis. African Black Soap is excellent for removing makeup, dirt, and oil while leaving the skin clean with a fresh, healthy glow. Hand-pressed by the village women of Ghana, Africa, this 100% all natural soap contains no scents, preservatives, or chemicals."

Ingredients:
Cocos Nucifera (Coconut Oil), Butyrospermum Parkii (Raw Shea Butter), Cocoa Pod Ash, Aqua (Water), Elaeis Guineensis (Palm Kernel Oil)


The African Soap has a natural scent, almost like charcoal, but also not like it at the same time. The soap works up a nice lather and is smooth when I put it on my face. It removes the makeup I have and my skin feels cleansed. The only downside is that after rinsing with water, my skin feels dry and I need to moisturize ASAP. My advice for dry-skinned beauties, is to use it very sparingly. The soap is also able to be used on the skin, but I find it so drying that I don't want to lather up my entire body with it. 

Since it has a high natural glycerin content, it should not be exposed to water for long as it will get very soft. 

I've been using it on my face for the past few weeks and to be honest, I haven't really seen much of a better change in my face. In fact, I have been having more break outs on my forehead then usual. Not sure if it is from using the soap or if maybe I'm just having a bad month. I will continue to use it just to be sure, but I will update with any further news.

Have you ever tried African Black Soap? What are your thoughts on it?
 photo withlove_zpsa29dab2d.jpg

5 comments:

  1. Oh that is a shame that it hasn't really been working well for you. I've never tried this!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, hopefully it does end up helping me a bit if I push through.

      Delete
  2. I saw this one the Coastal Scents website and was intrigued, but think I'll have to pass it up. Thanks for the review!

    xo Brianna | Glazed Over

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may work for you if you try! Try out the sample and see how it goes for you <3

      Delete
  3. Thanks. African Black Soap In Dubai has long been used to heal problem skin. Its good for thinning fine lines, evening out dark spots, eczema, razor bumps and eliminating blemishes. You can order online Buy Cosmetics Products Online

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments! So please feel free to leave me one. Thanks for stopping by my blog <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...