Friday, June 28, 2013

June Empties | #2

So this is my second empties post ever! Basically, this empties installment is from April-June. I do an empties quarterly because I don't have many empty products for just one month. Ironically, this quarter had a lot of empties! 
Makeup Products: 
Eos Lip Balm
I did not like this at all. It did not hydrate my lips like other lip balms I have used. Tossing it even though it is not entirely finished.
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Compact Makeup
Regret, regret, regret. I bought this to have as a touch up at school, but the product would never show up on my skin. It never worked for me. Tossing this out as well. 
Stila Smudge Pots in Bronze
This was originally my mom's. She used it as a gel eyeliner and it looked lovely. I rediscovered it in her makeup collection and used it for a bit. Unfortunately, it dried out. 
Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray
This was alright. It was my first setting spray so I did not know what to expect. Although it did the job, the price of the fullsize is pretty steep.
bareMinerals Matte Foundation
This did not keep me matte at all. At first, it looked great, but about an hour later, I was really shiny. It made me just as oily as the original formula. Although I love the concept of a powder/mineral foundation, I can't bring myself to repurchasing one. Hopefully I can find a good one. 
Covergirl Cheekers blush in Natural Rose
This was another regret. I bought it to use at school if I needed some retouching. This did not show up on me. Plus when swatched, it was way to powdery. Not purchasing that item again. 
Eyeko SkinnyMini Liquid Eyeliner in Black
A very nice liquid eyeliner, but it dried up on me after many good uses. 
Clinique Lash Doubling Mascara
Thank God this was a mini size,  because it did absolutely nothing for my eyelashes. It looks like I did not have any mascara on, even after piling it on my eyelashes. Terrible. 
Estée Lauder Sumptuous Mascara
A good mascara that does add some volume to the lashes, but it dried out so I have to throw it away.

Face Products:
Clinique Acne Solutions
The first few weeks it worked for me, but after it just made my face really dry and I broke out even more. I did not finish all of it, but have decided to throw it away.
pHisoderm Facial Wash
I really enjoyed this facial wash. Unfortunately, I do not know where to find it, but if I see it again I would repurchase it.
LUSH Cosmetic Warrior face mask
This was my first LUSH purchase. Cosmetic Warrior was alright, I want to try the other ones though! They have so many to choose from.
LUSH Cosmetic Lad
I got this face lotion as a sample when I went to LUSH. It is very light and absorbs quickly in the skin, but I would not buy the full size.
Clarisonic Sensitive Brush Head
I really enjoy using my Clarisonic Mia. I have been using the Sensitive brush heads and I like how it works.
Tarte Pure Maracuja Oil
I loved this little sample that I received! I was so sad when I finished it, but I recently got another sample. Unfortunately, I realized it did not fully moisturize the dry areas of my skin. I am not sure if I would repurchase the full size of this.
Epiduo Face medicine
I got a sample of this acne medication. It has benzoyl peroxide and adapalene. I purchased the full size since my dermatologist recommended me to use it for my acne. Hopefully it works well.
 Teeth Products:
Crest 3D White Whitestrips
These strips really helped my teeth get whiter. I would definitely repurchase them again.
equate Dental Floss
I am not picky with floss, so any brand will do. This one is a generic brand and it works just fine.
Colgate Total Toothpaste
This toothpaste was alright for me. I usually alternate toothpastes every time anyways.
 Hair Products:
It's a 10 Miracle Leave-in Product
I have had this bottle for years. There was a time I used it often, and then I stopped using it for another point in time. It did not feel like a miracle. It was just a normal leave in product to help smooth the hair, control frizz, and add shine. There were other claims it said it did, but I did not notice much of a difference.
Organix Biotin and Collagen shampoo
My friend told me that these shampoos and conditioners were good. I decided to try it out, but did not like the shampoo. It did  not thicken my hair or make it look fuller. Will not repurchase.
 Body Products:
Hollister Malaia Fragrance
At first, I thought this fragrance was strange and different (at least for me when I first smelled it back in 2008), but I love it. It has such a cute bottle, and I love the little bulb you squeeze to spritz the fragrance, seems vintage like. Whenever I finish most of my other perfumes, I will consider repurchasing.
Neutrogena Micro-mist Airbrush Sunless Tan (Deep)
The concept of an airbrush sunless tan sounds nice, but you have to make sure you pay attention to where you are spraying so that it does not come out streaky and blotchy. Also, I looked more yellowish than tan with this product. Will not repurchase.
Olay Ultra Moisture Body Wash with Shea Butter
I love buying body washes at the drugstore because they have alot of product for a good value. Although I do enjoy splurging a bit with other shower gels at Bath & Body Works and the Body Shop, it is nice to have a different wash every once in a while.
True Blue Spa Super Rich Body Cream (Vanilla Almond)
This stuff moisturized my legs really well. It is very thick and the moisture lasts a long time on my legs. Not sure if I will repurchase just yet because I have other lotions to use up first!
Bath & Body Works Forever Sunshine body lotion
I am not a fan of the body lotions because they do absolutely nothing to add moisture to my legs. The moisture it gives is very temporary. Others may find it perfect for them since it is lightweight, but I prefer a more moisturizing cream.
Soap & Glory Righteous Body Butter
I used up a sample of this product. It did well moisturizing me, and the scent is lovely, although on the strong side. I bought the mini version for my birthday and is in my stash ready to use up.
True Blue Spa Super Rich Foot Cream (mini)
These foot creams are great! They have shea butter in them. I love applying it then putting socks on my feet at night. It is a great follow up to a foot scrub.
True Blue Spa Smoothing Foot Scrub (mini)
This foot scrub was alright. It was a mild scrub, nice for a daily exfoliation. It has walnut shells in it. True Blue Spa has another foot scrub that I want to try.
 Other products:
Bath & Body Works Scentportables in Fresh Cotton
This is the old packaging but I love placing these car fresheners in my car or my closet at home.
equate Nail Polish Remover
Again, since I'm not picky with a nail polish remover, the generic brand it perfect for me.
Bath & Body Works Anti-bac Hand Sanitizer
These are perfect for a car or a purse. They come in handy more often then you would think.
 photo SimpleCharm_zpsbba83c0f.jpg

9 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing all the products! I've been hearing really mixed reviews about the eos balm, some people love it so much but many thought it wasn't moisturising enough. Guess it was just hyped up too much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was hyped up, but you should try it just in case you happen to be one that loves it!

      Delete
  2. Wow that is a fantastic bunch of empties, I really want to try the EOS Balm xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is a lot of empties! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure is! Didn't realize it until I was taking the picture of all of them together!

      Delete
  4. I love your honesty, and I agree with all of your commentary (except for the eos lip balm-- I love mine!). Oh, and Clinique face wash is the WORST for anyone with sensitive skin; it does nothing. Thanks for all the reviews... fabulous idea for a post!

    xo,
    Steph
    Diary of a Debutante
    www.stephanieziajka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! I try my best to give my honest opinion 100% of the time!

      Delete
  5. Good job finishing so much stuff! It feels good sometimes to even toss out those makeup items that just doesn't work!!

    notanobession.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does! Opens up so much space to fit things better in haha. Plus you feel a sense of relief getting rid of all those items you have been hoarding.

      Delete

I enjoy reading your comments! So please feel free to leave me one. Thanks for stopping by my blog <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...